The node was previously running version 0.23.5 of the LR code but is now running version 0.23.7. Version 0.23.6 was a major release and 0.23.7 was a minor release.
The release notes for version 0.23.6 state the following:
- Data Services NEW
- The extract API is included and enabled in this distribution. The Extract API brings a “batteries included” interface for tailoring data extraction and query to suit more narrow and varied use case needs without high resource requirements.
- Data Service views are NOT installed by default. Node administrators can install any or all of the 3 standards alignment focused data services using python CouchApp. This is done to prevent unneeded consumption of disk space for data services not utilized.
- Interactive documentation explaining Data Services and how to roll your own for your use case.
- Resource Data Distribution refactoring CHANGED
- Distribute has been significantly refactored to reduce the need for 2x storage for documents. New distribute uses 2 DB’s, incoming and resourcedata. New _tainted documents can be distributed to incoming, and node may impose an internal policy for untainting documents before moving into resource_data. All harvest services still operate against resource_data.
- More compatible with Learning Registry 0.23 specification. Document Types of resource_data are distributed, not resource_data_distributable.
- Upgrade will require some minor configuration changes to NGINX to change or expose incoming endpoint.
- IMPORTANT Legacy nodes can distribute to a 0.23.6 by adjusting service documents to use the incoming endpoint. Legacy cannot be the destination for a 0.23.6 server.
- Subscription for Distribute NEW
- You may now visit http://%5Bnode address]/register, enter the URL of your node (use https if SSL required to access).
- Support for CouchDB 1.2.0 NEW
- This is a highly recommended upgrade. Significantly improves the storage and resource utilization, as well paves path for features planned for future releases.
- Many Bug fixes
I have not yet installed the Data Services views (pertaining to standards alignment) but if anybody wants them please tell me.
1. Test the new Extract API
2. Test distributing data between nodes
I’ll report back with the test results.